Better Local Care is all about involving people in developing services that work for them. So there's a range of ways to join us and help shape care near you:
- You might already be involved in a group or initiative that's making a difference to local people - in which case, we'd love to hear from you and perhaps we can work together.
- Do you have a great idea or suggestion to improve care in your area? Tell us!
We would also like hear what you think about the four key ways we want to improve care. What do they mean to you and how do you think we can do this in your community?
- Improving access to care: So it’s easier for people to get a same-day or urgent appointment at their GP surgery, and so people with complex health problems get more input from their GP.
- Joining up the professionals that support the same people: So doctors, nurses, social and voluntary sector workers and volunteers are part of the same extended team, making care more straightforward (especially for people with complex needs).
- Bringing specialist care nearer to you: So you can see the professional you need, sooner: For example physiotherapists and mental health workers in your local GP surgery.
- Concentrating on prevention: So we can support you earlier, and help you make the right choices about your health and wellbeing, so you can stay independent and don’t need to go to hospital.
Watch this space for more opportunities. In the meantime, you can always contact us to register your interest in Better Local Care, or find out more about what's happening in your area.